Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dollys Story

                           Dolly                                           Ainslie Sheridan copyright May 2011

Please note:  This blog was just updated to include an improved YouTube of Dolly's Story.

                 I had a bet going with myself.  Which would come first--the "Rapture" or this--? 

                

        No, no not the cardinal!  I mean those little dapplings of blue sky behind it!  Having endured mud, slime, irretrievably lost horse shoes, and unrelenting grey and rain, I was betting on the Rapture.  But then yesterday the sun peeked out for a few nano-seconds causing Mr. Cardinal to burst fourth into song.  Even though it was a long shot--the blue sky came through at the last--or rather, first.

       But still I  wondered about this "End of the World" thing--that is until I heard at noon yesterday that New Zealand was in the clear since it was already the next day there.  I mean, you can't have a "semi-Rapture" can you?   I know one or two equestrian Kiwis who would feel totally deprived if, say, Ugandans got to see "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" and they didn't.    I, myself, am curious as to what the Book or Revelations means when it says the fourth
horseman rides a horse of "no color at all."  Is he mounted on a cremello?  Perhaps, it's an albino?  However, my curiosity is not invincible, and I will be happy to wait several more decades to find out.

      This blog may appear, upon first glance, as short but it really isn't.  I decided to do a YouTube on Dolly's initial plight at the auction house followed by her first three months here at Windflower.   It turned out to be quite a project.  So much has happened these past three months.  I hope you enjoy it.















       I hope to have another short blog this Wednesday but if rains again all this week I may be too grumpy.  Friday I leave for Saratoga which should provide a great deal of material--good, I hope.  I have a lot to do to get ready.  My Andalusian mare Tica,  is a glorious white; that is, when she is gloriously clean.  We are no where near there yet.  I'm beginning to think I should have listed her breed as Fresian on the entry.


       Talk with you soon and many thanks for taking the time to read this.


Ainslie

No comments:

Post a Comment